CREDIT: Getty Images
Keep the following tips in mind when preparing and delivering your pitch:
Introduce yourself and your idea.
- Start with why; people don't buy what you do, they buy why you do it
- Focus on the problem, and emphasize how your solution will solve it
- Perform a demonstration and/or describe how the idea works
- Develop and focus on a core belief or philosophy, a purpose behind your idea when creating your pitch
Present the target market for your product, service or idea.
- Define your target in detail and establish why there is a need for the product, service or idea in your target market.
- Demonstrate that the target market is measurable and sustainable.
- Explain how your solution will benefit the target demographic
Identify competitors and establish uniqueness.
- Describe your uniqueness or how you will differentiate your idea from competitor
- Explain how your idea will be sustainable or profitable.
Communicate your business strategies, management strategies, and funding requirements.
- Define how you will make a profit and or/accomplish your mission and vision.
- Provide recommendations on how your product, service or idea should be communicated and promote
- Explain how much funding is needed to produce your idea. Explain how you derived at that amount.
- Share what you perceive to be your biggest challenge in the future.
- Communicate the ultimate goal for your idea and how will you succeed
- Share why you and/or your management team will succeed with this idea.