Your Chamber Benefits – At A Glance
- Business Referrals
- Business, Industry & Policy Maker Introductions
- Online Directory Listing, Calendar to Promote Your Events, Job Postings & Ads ($1,650 Value)
- Marketing Opportunities: In Person, Print, Online & Social Media ($3,000 Value)
- Over 40 FREE & discounted networking and educational events each year ($800+ Value)
- Ribbon Cutting & Open House Events
- Group Healthcare Discounts for Businesses (Save Up To 15%)
- Global Trade & Investment Programs
- Access to Procurement for Economic Development Projects
- Business Success Center Access
- Chamber Committees - An Opportunity to Build Relationships & Serve
- Total Benefits = $5,450+ Value
Events & Seminars
The Urban Chamber continues to provide monthly events as a platform for members to interact and connect in impactful ways.
- Annual Green Tie Awards (GTA) Luncheon
- Women in Business & Politics Annual Awards Luncheon
- Annual “Building Vegas” Luncheon
- Annual Capital Connections Program
- Annual Contract Connections Event
- Networking Luncheon & Breakfast Events
- Networking Coffee & Commerce Event
- UCC Social Hour Mixers
- Corporate Targeted Vendor Forums
- Workshops & Seminars
Since 2014, the Urban Chamber has partnered with the Governor’s Office of Economic Development (GOED) to make Global Trade and Investment programs available to existing Nevada businesses to begin or expand activities in international markets and to attract foreign investment to the state. Partners include the Northern Nevada International Center, the Nevada World Trade Council (NEWTRAC), the Las Vegas and Reno Export Assistance Centers (EAC), the Nevada District Export Council (DEC) and the Western U.S. Agricultural Trade Association (WUSATA). Programs for businesses include:
- Export Readiness Programs
- Export Seminars & Counseling Services
- International Trade Shows & Trade Missions
- Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) Activities
Economic Development Projectshttps:
The Urban Chamber has access to information regarding all major economic development projects in Nevada. We are connecting our members to opportunities that matter:
- Raiders Stadium Construction Project
- Raiders Stadium Ongoing Operations & Vendor Opportunities
- Las Vegas Convention & Visitors Authority Convention Center Expansion Project
- Maryland Parkway Corridor Light Rail Project (Proposed)
- Maryland Parkway Corridor Development Related Activities (Proposed)
- Ongoing Fuel Revenue Index (FRI) Road Improvement Projects
- Regional Transportation Improvement Projects (FRI & Project Neon)
- Local Residential, Commercial and Industrial Development Projects
- Las Vegas 51’s Baseball Stadium Project
Group Healthcare for Businesses
Health Plan of Nevada and Sierra Health and Life will provide participating businesses ten (10) comprehensive Affordable Care Act-compliant plans with rates guaranteed until September 2020. These plans also offer higher-quality benefits than many other ACA-compliant plans, such as lower out-of-pocket maximums for members.
CCHPA partnered with Health Plan of Nevada and Sierra Health and Life based on insured employees having access to their full network of doctors, hospitals, and other health providers. Another important benefit was their more than two decades of experience with association health plans in Southern Nevada.
- HMO/POS/PPO plans with comprehensive pharmacy coverage.
- Dental and vision plans.
- Premium rates will not increase before September 2020.
- Broad network access, including Southwest Medical and the UHC national network for those who are traveling and for college students.
- Health plans will be supported by more than 5,000 local UnitedHealth Group employees, including 80 with direct experience supporting association health plans in Southern Nevada.
- Virtual visits through NowClinic, in which members can talk to health care providers through video, chat, phone and mobile devices.
- Wellness programs, including Real Appeal, an online weight-loss program.
Business Success Center
The Urban Chamber of Commerce continues to service our growing business community with capacity building resources, mentoring assistance, access to capital and below-market-rate office space offered through the Urban Chamber of Commerce Business Success Center in partnership with the City of Las Vegas Office of Economic Development. Onsite business resource partners include: Accion-Nevada, Nevada Small Business Development Center (NSBDC), Governor’s Procurement & Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) and Service Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE).
- Our 17,100-square-foot facility is located at 1951 Stella Lake Street in the Enterprise Park (across from the FBI Regional Headquarters). Several services and amenities are also supplied as part of the turn-key operation at the BSC facility. These include all utilities and office furnishings, high speed Internet and Wi-Fi connection, meeting facilities, business development training/advisors and much more.
- Through partnerships, the Business Success Center has been able to provide the following economic impacts:
- Over 1700 hours of counseling services to small, women and minority-owned companies
- Access to over $12 million in loans and equity capital
- Over 90 jobs created (full and part time) Source: Nevada SBDC Report May 2018 (17-month report period)
As a chamber member, you have access to be a part of the teams that launch and execute many of our programs each year. Being a part of a committee offers an opportunity to interact and work closely with other chamber members. These interactions often lead to contacts and help build relationships that often result in procurement and other business opportunities. So we encourage all our members to get engaged and leverage their membership through participation in our various chamber activities.
- Fund Development
- Government Affairs
- Business Council
- Marketing Committee
- Membership Committee