The CARES Act
Read the Summary of the Coronavirus Stimulus Bill
On March 12, 2020, Governor Steve Sisolak declared a state of emergency for the state of Nevada in response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak (Press Release).
On March 20, 2020, Governor Sisolak announced an updated directive following his March 17th Risk Mitigation measures to close all nonessential businesses. This directive specifically outlines essential vs. non-essential businesses and the conditions under which essential businesses are to operate in the midst of this crisis (Emergency Regulations).
What the Urban Chamber is Doing
While Governor Sisolak mandated that all non-essential businesses close, our President, Ken Evans, spoke personally with the Governor. The Urban Chamber will remain open during this time to disseminate crucial information to help businesses and individuals during this difficult time.
We will continually update this page with financial, business, and personal assistance programs as they become available. Please keep checking back for more information.
Keeping the Urban Chamber Staff Safe
The Urban Chamber is a family and keeping our employees and volunteers safe, healthy, and secure is our top priority. To that end and in addition to hygiene and sanitation practices, we have made the following adjustments to our operations:
- Office hours are limited. We will be open and accepting phone calls during the hours of 9:00am-4:00pm.
- Our office is closed to the public. There may be staff on site, but they have been instructed not to open the door for anyone.
- Most of our staff is telecommuting. During this time, you may receive phone calls from personal cell phones as they conduct business from home.
- All Chamber-organized events have been postponed or moved to an online format. Please follow our social media and events calendar for more information.
- All chamber meetings have shifted to conference calls or an online format. No meetings occur face-to-face.
We appreciate your patience as we work to best serve the Vegas community while keeping our valued employees safe. The Urban Chamber is here for you. Call us or email us any time. We are working hard to respond to any messages within 24-48 hours.
The following events have been postponed. New dates to be determined.
- Women in Business & Politics (March 27)
*Direct Connect events are temporarily shifting to Zoom. See our calendar for upcoming Virtual Connect events.